Volunteer and make a difference
Enterprise Advisers are senior business volunteers. They work closely with a local school or college to develop a careers plan that puts opportunities with local employers at the heart of a young person’s education.
Why this is right for you
Being an Enterprise Adviser can be incredibly rewarding. It’s a great opportunity to:
- use your experience and network to inspire young people and improve their chance of getting a job
- address skills gaps in the local and national job market
- deepen your connection to the local community
- build your company’s reputation
- develop your own interpersonal and strategy skills
What you’ll be doing
Volunteering doesn’t take much of your time and we’ll support you every step of the way. As an Enterprise Adviser you’ll:
- work with a head teacher or careers team to develop a careers strategy that gives students multiple opportunities to get to know the world of work
- share your insights about job opportunities and the key skills that local and national businesses need
- use your network to open doors and create more work encounters
- use our research to choose the most effective careers programme providers and resources
- be supported by a trained, full-time Enterprise Coordinator
- benefit from ongoing training, peer support from other volunteers and networking events
Is being an Enterprise Adviser right for me?
Our Enterprise Advisers are people like you. They come from different walks of life, sectors and professional backgrounds. The most effective Enterprise Advisers are:
- business professionals who care about inspiring young people to achieve their potential
- enablers who are comfortable advising and collaborating with head teachers and careers teams
- networkers who enjoy bringing the right people together
- able to give around eight hours of their time a month
How do I get involved?
Volunteering is quick and easy. Fill in our form and one of our team will be in touch soon.