Connecting young people to the workplace
The Enterprise Adviser Network has been created to strengthen links between education and employers so that together they can inspire and prepare young people for the fast-changing world of work.
Encounters with employers bring the world of work to life for young people. Research shows that a young person who has 4 or more encounters with an employer is 86% less likely to be unemployed or not in education or training, and can earn up to 18% more during their career.
Signing up to the network is simple, completely free and will benefit your school or college in many ways.
- Help your young people receive 4 or more encounters with the world of work.
- Be supported by a free, trained local Enterprise Coordinator who works with a group of local schools and colleges to develop a tailored careers and enterprise plan and connect you with employers and effective careers programme providers.
- Be supported by a free and dedicated senior business volunteer, an Enterprise Adviser, who will help you develop a strategic and sustainable plan and create connections to the local business community.
- Receive a range of practical tools and information on what works best in careers and enterprise provision, which can be tailored to meet your school or college’s specific needs.
- Connect to a community of careers programme providers who deliver well-evidenced programmes and activities that support increased and impactful encounters with the world of work.
- Connect to national and local employers who can deliver activities and programmes that support your school or college’s careers and enterprise plan.
How it works
You’ll be supported at every step by one of our free, trained local Enterprise Coordinators. Enterprise Coordinators are fully funded and work with a group of around 20 schools or colleges to:
- provide day-to-day and time-saving support tailored to your needs
- give advice on which careers programme providers, activities and resources have been proven to work
- share up-to-date information on the skills local and national employers need
- liaise with local employers to coordinate work encounters for your students
We’ll also partner you with an Enterprise Adviser, a senior business volunteer from a local company, who will:
- use their business experience and knowledge to work closely with your headteacher or senior leadership team to develop a careers and enterprise plan
- help you connect with local and national employers to offer more work encounters for your students
- share their insights on local and national skills needs and career opportunities
How to join
Joining our network is quick and easy. Fill in our form and one of our team will be in touch soon.